CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 12, 2011

thirty-six

Today is my birthday.
Thirty-six!

I was thinking this morning about that common phrase,
"If I could go back..."
It's usually to a pretty number like
One-Nine
or
Two-Five

It really only took me only a second
to know
if I could go back,
I wouldn't.
Wouldn't want to go back to even
Three-O
;)

I'm loving 36,
the entire 3rd decade, really, has been good to me.
But this sixth year of it feels
really right!

I have a beautiful baby
in addition to
3 amazing girls and a great husband who works hard
to provide
our modest lifestyle.

I remember in 2009 birthday-wishing a pregnancy within the year.
I remember in 2010 wishing for a healthy baby.
This year I'm really out of wishes.
Sure, there's lots that would make life easier.
But they're just not important.

So I wonder,
In my 4th
or 5th decades,
is this where I'll wish to come back to?
Thirty-six?!
May-be!

I do have a birthday wish...it's for this year to go by slowly.
That I have lingering time to enjoy it.
And that I embrace thirty-seven with the same gratitude.
Happy  Birthday to Me!


Oh...and for maybe another
yummy-made-from-scratch
Blackberry Cobbler!
(Thank you thank you thank you Scott and Charlee!...Super amazing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment