CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

the candy witch

I always volunteer towards the top of the list.
Are there seriously dates from now til a year from now?
 No way I'll remember.
So I try to get those first dates on the list...

Parent-reader Days are so much fun!
Kiddies get out of the car beaming cause Mom's coming back,
"See you at story-time" they say.

Today is my day to read.
Probably the biggest part of the fun is that you get to pick out the books, books from home, dear to the heart.

I must always sign up around Halloween.
Because as we picked "The Candy Witch",
I realized that I've read this for every kid's Parent-reader Day; so far.
"The Candy Witch" was my book.
When I was little.
One of my most favorite!

It was published, and I'm sure printed, in 1979.
It certainly looks like it too!
The pages are yellowed, some even cracking.
I just looked on Amazon to see if I could get another one
(because I'm not sure it'll last another 5 years for Parker's Kinder class.)
And then I smelled it...
And realized there was no way I could part with our copy!
Is that weird???



No comments:

Post a Comment