CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

naming rights.

I read The Help a long time ago.
I think before I was pregnant with Sweet P?
Loved it.
(even gifted it!)
Fell in love with Mae Mobley;
who was sooooo remi!
(yes, I used 'remi' as an adjective)
...stay with me...

Naming Baby #4 was not easy!
Oh the pressure!
And  getting 5 people to agree on one name...
diff-i-cult!
We spent months trying to come up with a
gender-less
name we all liked.
And then we found one...
"Mason"...
"Mae"
But I didn't like just Mae.
I liked Mason.
Loved Mason.
Mason for boy,
Mason/ Mae for girl.
So at about 5 months it was quite possibly decided.

Then I got the call...
...a panicked Elizabeth...
"Nik! You cannot name your baby Mae!"
Ever thorough she'd played it out.
And as it happens,
"I'm Mae Payne"
sounds an awful lot like
"I'm a pain"

Close one!

No comments:

Post a Comment