CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

BEDS

Remington has been sleeping safe and sound between Scott and I for about 2 1/2 years now...plus or minus a couple of nights. While we love having her there, she does, in fact, have a room of her own. It's a beautiful room. It's cozy. It has a piggy nightlight that casts a soft pink glow about the whole room at night.

Despite the comfort of her room, Remi has, thus far, refused to inhabit it. So to make it more inviting, we decided to move a tv into her room. But first we needed a dresser to put it on.

Last weekend we went antique-ing on a quest to find a dresser. This is what we fell in love with: We brought it home and cleaned it...and gave it a face lift with new knobs. We placed the tv on it. We loaded it with her clothes to personalize it. We left a bottom drawer for toys so Remi and her new furniture could bond. We were happy: The time came for Remi to cuddle up in her bed and doze off in her sanctuary. We talked about it. We laid on the floor in the middle of her room and admired all her beautiful things.

"So are you going to sleep in here tonight?" I asked her.
"No." she quickly responded.
"Why not, I love it here," I told her "it's so pretty."
"Then you sleep here," she insisted " my bed is down-stairs!"

Still, I put her in her bed (I know who' s in charge)...and smiled...we watched her lovely crane mobile...and talked about whether or not she should listen to her lullaby CD or watch tv: It was not much later that I took her back downstairs to our bed.

Why? Here's why:

In retrospect, I don't think it's her room she dislikes. I think there's a problem with the bed. She's become accustomed to a specific type of mattress.

So I'm wondering now if a king sized Select Comfort will fit in her room...

1 comment: