CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

PINK PLAYDOH...

All morning...the big question..."is it time for school yet?"
"No Remi"
"Not yet Remi"
"Pretty soon Remington!"

Finally, it was time.

She could barely contain herself.
Holding my finger, she stood as still as could be beside me.
Waiting in the lobby.
Like a big girl.
She tapped her little feet back and forth with excitement.
The doors opened.
On we went...to the classroom.
She remembered where to go from Open House.
She ran up to both teachers and melted their hearts with gi-normous hugs.
(forget the kiss-up cookies we bought)
She spotted her name on one of the name tags.
She found her name on a chair.

And then she spotted it:
Pink play-doh.
She rolled it.
She mushed it.
She cut it.

I sat and watched.
I begged a kiss.
I re-addressed the important rules.
I left.
And there she sat, playing with her play-doh.

As I walked through the door, over the crying kiddies, I hear in a big voice:
"BYE MOMMY, HAVE A GOOD DAY!"
I looked back and saw a kiss blown my way.
I smiled.
The teachers smiled.

It's official.
I've been replaced.
By pink play-doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment